|Here are some of
the advantages that you will have with XLSReadWriteII 5:
and write any cell values...
string, boolean and error
cells. But what about date and time cells? There are no such
Excel. Excel store date and time values in the same way as
i.e. as floating point numbers. What make's it a date or time
is the formatting.
- Full support
for formulas. You can use
the same functions as in Excel. Formulas with referrences to
workbooks are supported as well. You can even read the result
- Cells are
accessed in the same way as
the TStringGrid that comes with Delphi, or by giving the cell
string, like: 'D7'.
- Read cell
values as a string formatted
according to the rules of the cell.
- XLSReadWriteII is designed with optimal performance in mind. As Excel 2007+ files permits up to 16,000 x 1,000,000 cells, performance is important.
- Read and write speed of Excel 2007+ files at least twice as fast as Excel. As these files are compressed XML files both decompressor anb XML parser must be fast.
- XLSReadWriteII uses
it's own memory manager. Memory usage shall not be more than half of what
Excel uses, and most times it's much less than that.
- Due to the fact that pre Excel 2007 files are binary file, these files are read and written much faster.
|| Format the
cells as you want...
- Formatting is
adressing the cell, you can access the formatting properties
XLSReadWriteII.Sheet[n].Cell[Col,Row].FontSize := 12;
- XLSReadWriteII has objects for formatting a worksheet in the same way as the Excel Format Cells dialog. You can format cells or areas of cells in the same way as Excel.
- Support for all
- Use merged
|| Access all printing
- Select paper
- Set header and
including formatting codes.
- Define printing
- Set page
XLSReadWriteII has full
support for unicode.
As all strings are Unicode, you will not
have any problems with non-english characters.
Direct Read and Direct Write.
You can read and write cells directly from the file, without storing them in memory. As an Excel 2007+ file can contain up to 16 billion cells this ca be important if you want to save memory.
Insert all kinds of drawing objects, from simple lines to
Cell notes and text boxes.
Create and edit text boxes and cell notes as you want.
Create charts with the same options as in Excel.
- Cells can be copied, moved and
with the same behaviour as in Excel.
- Rows and columns can be copied
moved as well.
- Copy/move between sheets are
- Entire sheets can be copied.
Use named areas/cells.
- Names can be used where you
- Access cells through their
- Support for special, built in
All types of hyperlinks are
- Web and e-mail address.
- Local files.
- Server files.
- Worksheet referrences.
You can read and write encrypted files. This assumes of course
that you know the
password for the file you reads.
- Fast calculation engine with support for all standard Excel furmulas.
- The calculation engine will
dependent cells, if there are any.
- Referrences to external
be read. This is performed with a special fast seek routine.
Rich Text cells.
In order to easy create cells with multiple font
cells can be read and written in the Rich Text (RTF) format or with html-like tags:
'A line with <b>bold</b> and <i>italic</i> text.'
Macros in files can be read and written Macros that are
with XLSReadWriteII can be assigned can be assigned to control
such as buttons, combo boxes etc.
Import and export.
Import data from...
- Open Office Calc documents.
- CSV and other text files with
automatic detection of characters for field separator, decimal
separator and text quote character.
Export data to...
- CSV text files.
- HTML files.
- Cell validations.
- Conditional formats.
- Merged cells.
The XLSReadWriteII package
includes components for:
- Importing any database into a
- Exporting worksheets to HTML